OUR COMMITMENT TO HEALTH & SAFETY
The health and safety of our patients are of paramount importance. We have carefully followed the recommendations of the ADA, CDA and CDC to create a best-in-class operating standard at our practice in response to COVID-19.
The following plan documents our office policies and procedures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our mission is to protect our staff and patients from the impact of illness or transmission and ensure a safe, secure environment for everyone.
Staff will be required to wear an N95 Mask at all times.
OFFICE CLEANING PROTOCOLS AND OPERATIONS
- We have installed an air purification system into the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system commonly used in hospital HVAC systems.
- Individual Medical Grade H13 air purifiers have been placed in each treatment room.
- We have added extraoral dental suction units in each treatment room to control aerosols at the source to protect patients from airborne contaminants.
- PPE will be changed between each patient.
- We have privatized each treatment room so that it is completely closed off from the rest of the office.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to conduct a health screening that will be repeated at the time of your appointment. Your temperature will be taken with a contact-free thermometer, and if it is above 100.4 degrees, we require that you reschedule your appointment. This protocol will also be required by all team members.
- We require that you come to your appointment wearing a face covering as mandated by L.A. County and limit the number of people accompanying you to just the patient, parent/guardian or caregiver if applicable.
- Our reception area will no longer offer magazines or snacks, since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect. We will offer water upon request.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.